Mobile advertising opportunities using smartphones and tablets are rapidly emerging due to the increasing adoption and access to mobile connectivity. Small business owners are exceptionally connected, value the market potential expanded through technology, and recognize mobile advertising as an easy way to effectively and efficiently reach potential customers.
- 20% of small businesses say they plan to commit more resources to mobile advertising in 2012 (up from 2% in 2009)
- 80% of U.S. small business owners have a smartphone
- 90% of small businesses use social media, with “improving the customer experience” ranked at the top of the social media benefits list.
- 20% of all mobile ecommerce sales now come from tablets
- By 2016, mobile ecommerce is expected to increase to $31 billion in the U.S. (a HUGE jump from $3 billion in 2010)
- On average, tablet users spend 1 hour and 35 mins on their tablet daily
With the increasing number of tablet and smartphone owners, a new category of shoppers is emerging. It is therefore important for businesses to stay ahead of the trends, and be ready for this new emerging category of customers through increased efforts in mobile advertising.